Boxes without borders - Brexit Box
Penn ar Box x The Cornish Food Box Company
Penne Ar Box and Cornish Food Box, two pioneering businesses in promoting regional food, have married their ideas together to create a special Christmas food box for foodie adventurers. This Twinning Box is a celebration of Celtic food between Britanny and Cornwall which combines luxurious, famous and traditional products; which have been carefully selected by both teams to offer you the best from each territory.
We hope that you will be pleasantly surprised by these delicious dishes and discover what makes our two Land’s ends so special! We put a lot of happiness and love into our boxes. Our products, such as our scallops rillettes and sea greens seaweed aim to bring you back to your travels to the peaceful Cornish and Breton fishing villages. Whilst we hope that our crunchy Crepe Dentelle remind you of a cosy moment near a firewood in a local pub.
Finistere and Cornwall Public Councils have worked together for 10 years thanks to a special partnership protocol. They apply for EU funds to create common and inspiring projects which add value to both economies and support any organisations or ideas who can build stronger links between our Celtic nations. Both are proud to be partner in this Twinning Food Box project and promote Breton and Cornish gastronomy, languages and culture. It is also a good way to show that despite Brexit, our relationship will still continue across borders. The English Channel is not a frontier; it’s a bridge for people!
In the box (only 50 box) :
- Cornish Strawberry Jam, Boddington’s Berries - 227g,
- Seasalt Crystals, Cornish Sea Salt Co, 50g,
- Clotted Cream Shortbread Biscuits, Simply Cornish - 200g
- Organic Sea Salad, Cornish Seaweed Company - 30g,
- L'authentique crêpe dentelle de Bretagne, Gavottes - 125g,
- Crème de Caramel au beurre salé de Guérande - Carabreizh - 220g,
- Rillettes de Saint-Jacques au sel de Guérande - L’ile Bleue - 100g,
- Pâté Hénaff - Jean Hénaff - 156g.